Education, worship, service, and fellowship offer diverse opportunities for one to become involved in the active life of St. Hilda’s. The people of our parish live out the belief that Christian profession requires a dynamic response. Whether it is participation in an occasional reading circle or movie night; helping with a bake sale or rummage sale to raise money for outreach; tending the grounds; or taking part in
organizing a Taizé service – the possibilities for becoming engaged in the community are as numerous as they are varied. Some examples include:
- Worship – Receiving the sacrament of Communion, praying together, walking our labyrinth, and other forms of connection with God are all foundational to every other thing we do as members of our church.
- The Anglican Church Women – A group providing fellowship in the context of its calling to outreach and hospitality.
- Educational programs – From ongoing programs, like our popular weekday “Companions Group” to occasional series and events, including Bible studies, reflection groups, and retreats.
- The Altar Guild – A group dedicated to sustaining the beauty of our worship through caring for our sanctuary.
- Stewardship and sustainability – Be it caring for our small patch of the Earth by pursuing green strategies for our church, or working towards larger goals of a more
- Fellowship – Sharing meals and laughter together sustain us as a family of God
These are just a few examples of the many opportunities to cultivate and express our passions; as well as explore new paths of connecting with others and with God.